To get directions enter your address and right click on the desired marker.
Parish Priest: Fr. Gerard Geraghty
Tel: (090) 967 3724
This parish has two villages - Aughrim and Kilconnell. Aughrim is where the famous battle took place in 1691. Kilconnell means the church of Conall and it boasts of a beautiful Franciscan Abbey dating back to 1353.
Parish Priest: Fr. Pat Kenny
Tel: 090 9745819
This is now widely known as the parishes of New Inn and Bullaun. It was formerly known as Bullaun, Killaan and Grange. It is not known for certain when New Inn church (pictured left) was erected - most probably after 1855 when Fr. Headd became parish priest. The old Bullaun church of Saint Patrick was built in the 18th century, the generous benefactors being the staunchly Catholic Dolphin family of Turoe. the present newly-built church was officially opened in May 1972.
Parish Priest: Fr. Pat Conroy
Tel: (090) 974 5021
Ballinakill/ Derrybrien is an ancient parish dating back to the time of St. Patrick. The church is on an elevated site overlooking the countryside of South-East Galway and on the Clare border. For four hundred years, the Carthusians had a church in the parish - the ruins of the church can be seen in the cemetery grounds. The present church was completed in 1894 and renovated in 1973.
The church of St. Patrick in Derrybrien - the other church in our parish was completed in 1894. Tradition tells us that Saint Patrick himself visited this parish on one of his evngelising journeys.
Parish Priest: Fr. Ciaran Kitching
Tel: (090) 967 6151
Killimor takes its name from Iomar who crossed the Shannon in vain to bring back his bride. He built a little hut beside the Church and lived there as a hermit.
One of the big Jubilee Projects in the parish for the year 2000 has been the interior renovation, re-ordering and painting of both churches - Killimor and Tiernascragh. The result in each church has been spectacular and the reaction of those who comment has been most positive with words like 'bright, beautiful, open, warm, welcoming' heard again and again.