To get directions enter your address and right click on the desired marker.
Parish Priest: Fr. Christy McCormack, P.P.
Tel: (090) 968 8623
There are now two churches in the parish of Killure and Fohenagh, on in Fohenagh (shown left) and one in Killure. Prior to Killure church being built in 1835 there was a church in Kilgerrill which was banished and plundered during penal times. After Catholic Emancipation it was decided to replace Kilgerrill with a church in Killure.
Parish Priest: Fr. Brendan Lawless
Tel: (091) 841103
The parish originated at Isercleran, namely the hermitage of Cleran, where there is the remains of an old 8th or 9th century church called Kilkisheen (the little Church of the Ford of the Hurdles), situated close to the present St. Cleran's Hotel. In the middle ages there were three ecclesiastical parishes, namely Kilconickny (now Clostoken), Kilconieran and Lickerrig (now Carrabane), all now united in one large parish.
Tel: (091) 843 119
Mullagh is a rural parish surrounded by Loughrea, Ballinasloe and Killimor. It has one primary school, two cemeteries - Abbeygormican and Finnure, and two churches - Mullagh and Killoran. Hurling and Camogie are very popular in the parish and they are played at all levels fom under-8 to senior level.
Mass is offered in the month of June in each of the three cemeteries in the parish (Abbeygormican, Finnure and Cana which is a children's cemetery and is now closed).
Parish Priest: Fr. Michael Finneran
Tel: (090) 96 42256 - Mobile: 087 2408483
The parish of Clontuskert is the oldest in the historic diocese of Clonfert. We are told that "South of and not far from the boundary of Kilclooney parish is the ruin of a monastery, the Augustinian Priory of Clontuskert. It was reputedly founded in the eighth century by Betan of Clontuskert, whose death is recorded in the Annals at AD 805AD."
St. Augustine’s parish church, Clontuskert, was built in the year 1820. The stone plaque in the side chapel reads, “O Lord have mercy on those who contributed to erect this Chapel under the inspection of the Revd. James O’Donnell P.P. 1820”